Get 150,000 bars of natural soap making expertise for free!
For the beginner or the expert
100's of soapmaking pages
How-to lotions, scrubs, and other skin care
Name brand product reviews
Natural cleaning recipes
If you already know how to do natural soap making, then this website will help you with all those other questions that come to mind when creating your natural bars.
Need a little more soap basics? then get this perfect DVD for beginners. Written and produced by a professional soap maker, who had her own little all natural soap store where she created, wholesaled and retailed over 150,000 bars of soap. Courtney also made all natural bath salt blends, lotions, massage oils, massage bars, perfume oils, therapeutic creams, glycerin soaps, solid perfumes and healing essential oil blends.
If you would like to take the fun and creative step of natural soap making, you can order this DVD from Amazon.com. Then you will know the soaps you make are truly natural!
There are two historical ways of soap making, one being the Castile method originating from the Italian regions of Europe and made with only olive oil. The other is more of a North American version, using animal fats as the oil.
There is always something new coming up in the soap world. About every ten years there is a "new" soap with caffeine in it. There is the Black Soap, aka African Black Soap, using what we may consider non-soap ingredients but creating an amazing skin care bar.
And this is why we make our own natural products. The hazardous ingredients in home and bath products are not listed on the box when you buy it. I was shocked that the cancer-causing triclosan is in everything from baby products to shoes, and they don't mention this. We don't like deception, we don't like having chemicals planted in products. Products that we deem to be safe for ourselves and our families.
Corporations and companies go to great lengths to make their products smell nice, and they will also use the flaws in the English language to lead you to believe that their product contains only natural ingredients. At home, I use no scented products whatsoever. I have my essential oil soaps, I use essential oils to relieve headaches and muscle aches, and use same to scent my home and create perfume blends. Essential oils are easy to obtain, so give them a try!
Image: blackstock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Natural soap making Bubble Blog
- The fun of everything soap! This Bubble Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the natural-soap-making.com website. Join the fun and subscribe here.
- How to be a soapmaker | Make soap | Soap Business
- How to be a soapmaker, get great information from a professional soap maker, who started soap as a hobby that lead to a store on main street....
- Cold process soap making equipment | Soap Manufacturing | Cold Process Soap
- Cold process soap making equipment, professional soapmaking advice on what you must have and what are some of the optionals. Great site for all soapmakers!
- Which oils are best for soapmaking? | Best oils for Soap | Soap Oils
- Which oils are best for soapmaking? Check out this professional soapmaking page listing all the main oils that are used for soap, as well as their benefits in your soap making.
- Natural scents for soap | Scents for soap | Fragrances
- Natural scents for soap are from plants, and called essential oils or extracts. Fragrance oils are synthetics and give no health benefits, get great professional soapmaking and aromatherapy info here.
- Soap making fragrance oils | Soap making scents | Fragrances for soap
- Soap making fragrance oils, are they safe, are they natural? is a natural soap still natural with a fake scent? Lots of great professional soapmaking news and articles ...
- Natural clays and colorants in soap | Soap | Natural Colorants
- Natural clays and colorants in soap, these natural soap ingredients ensure that your bar is natural, not un-natural with synthetic colors! Get professional soapmaking info here....
- Soap molds and liners | Soap Molds | Liners for Soap Molds
- Soap molds and liners, get professional soapmaking info and ideas about what you can use as a mold and how best to line it. More here.......
- Which lye and water for making soap? | Lye Soap | How to make Soap
- Which lye and water for making soap? Is it the lye crystals or liquid, and can you use tap water instead of distilled for making soap?
- Types of soap | Cocoa Butter Bars | Oatmeal Soap
- Types of soap! Different and unique types of handmade soap that you can make, get professional soapmaking info here.....
- Types of soap bars | Glycerin | Antibacterial | Melt & Pour
- Types of soap bars, including plain lavender, Castile, lard, glycerin, sulfur/sulphur and anti-bacterial. Get professional soapmaking information here.....
- FAQ about cold process soapmaking | How to make soap | Soap Questions
- FAQ about cold process soapmaking, from colorants and best oils to making labels and making lotion, get professional soapmaking info here........
- Natural Soap Labels | Creative Packaging | Soap Packaging
- Ideas on how to make natural soap labels for your handmade soaps, includes possible names for soaps and companies. Get professional soapmaking info here.....
- Names for soap bars and a soap company | Soap Bar Names | Soap Company Name Idea
- Names for soap bars and a soap company, great ideas on naming your soap business, and some of the psychology. Get professional soapmaking info here....
- Regulations for homemade soap labels | FDA | What is INCI
- Regulations for homemade soap labels, including organic definitions and INCI names, and the loopholes. Get professional soapmaking info here.....
- Free PDF of homemade skin care recipes | Epsom salt | Bath Salt
- Free PDF of homemade skin care recipes, no email required, and using all natural ingredients, get more professional soapmaking info here.....
- Homemade non-toxic cleaners | Cleaner | Eco friendly
- Homemade non-toxic cleaners, all easy, safe and free! Get professional natural products info on cleaners, bath products, lotions, soap and more....
- Videos to make bath salts scrubs and massage bars | Bath salt Recipe
- Videos to make bath salts scrubs and massage bars, plus a free PDF on making other bath products & natural cleaning supplies! Professional natural product-making info here.....
- Homemade beauty recipes for glowing skin | Natural Beauty | Health and Beauty
- Homemade beauty recipes for glowing skin, make your own natural products with these beauty recipes, from a professional natural skin care site....
- Facial oils for a great complexion | Natural Beauty | Perfect Skin
- Facial oils for a great complexion! Get great skin and perfect skin with natural beauty tips and more from this professional natural skin care expert here...
- How to make a natural lotion | How to Make Lotion | Lotion Recipe
- How to make a natural lotion with all natural ingredients! This is a very simple and easy recipe and you may already have the ingredients you need at home! Published by a professional soapmaker.
- Johnson and Johnson Baby Soap and Shampoo ingredients | Baby | Johnson & Johnson
- Johnson and Johnson Baby Soap and shampoo ingredients - NOT as baby-friendly as they advertise to be. Get professional natural bath product making information here....
- Are perfumes Dangerous ? Yes, because they are synthetic chemicals
- Are perfumes dangerous? Basically, Yes!. Perfumes can smell so gentle and sweet and warm, but they really are just a compilation of toxic chemicals. Chemicals that can cause damages. Professional info
- Toxic ingredients in store brand soap and skin care | The Body Shop | Palmers
- Toxic ingredients in store brand soap and skin care, from The Body Shop's Strawberry soap to Neutrogena soap, and more. Get professional soapmaking info here....
- Hazardous ingredients in home and bath | Green Cleaning | Cleaners
- Hazardous ingredients in home and bath products, from triclosan to toxic bug sprays, and the marketing genius that sells. Get professional natural products info here.....
- Deceptive marketing in bath products | Misleading | Deceptive Advertising
- Deceptive marketing in bath products, how bad advertising is used against you when corporations are trying to make their products sound safe and healthy. Visit this professional soapmaker's site
- Eco-friendly non-toxic soaps for kitchen | Homemade dish soap | Soap Berry
- Eco-friendly non-toxic soaps for kitchen! Great info by a professional soapmaker, news on natural soaps and cleaners, and toxic store brands....
- Eco friendly non toxic detergents for laundry | Green Works | Homemade Laundry
- Eco friendly non toxic detergents for laundry! From soap nuts to homemade laundry soap. Get professional soapmaking info here.....
- Eco friendly non toxic assessories for a bath | Sponges | Green Living
- Eco friendly non toxic assessories for a bath, like natural sponges, natural bath items, and green living. Get great professional info on natural bath products here....
- Natural remedies for nail infections | Fungal Infection | Fungus on Skin
- Natural remedies for nail infections, involving using therapeutic essential oils that are known for their antifungal and antiviral properties. Get professional aromatherapy info here.....
- Treat acne cold sores hives rash | Skin Conditions | Allergy Skin
- Treat acne cold sores hives rash, and other skin conditions naturally. Check this page offering info on skin conditions and the natural options. Get professional natural skin care info here.....
- Causes and home remedies of skin irritations and rashes
- Causes and home remedies of skin irritations and rashes, from dust mites to your laundry detergent to food allergies. Get professional skin care products and info here..... check it out!
- Best ways to rehydrate dry skin | Special soap ingredients | Repair dry skin
- Best ways to rehydrate dry skin is to be as natural as possible, with natural soaps and lotions, and other natural basic ingredients.....more here......
- About us at The Indigo Earth Company
- About Us is about the credentials of Courtney Findlay, a professional soapmaker who had a successful soapmaking business that created . . .
- Links to quality natural websites and great information!
- Check out the links that go to other natural websites that also promote natural services and information!
- Colorants for Soap | Soap Colors | Colorants for Soap Making
- Colorants for soap come in a variety of mediums, like natural/not natural, powders/liquid, and plants/petroleum product. But if we don't use them ...... (more at this professional soap site)
- Medi-Nail Fungus Treatment | MediNail Fungal Cure | Medi-Nail for Toenail Fungus
- Medi-Nail Fungus Treatment is becoming one of the fastest growing remedies for nail fungus, for toenails or fingernails, but it is good for more! Like Jock Itch,.......
- Natural Hair Conditioner | Moisturizing Dry Hair | Dry and Damaged Hair Repair
- Natural hair conditioner is easy to find and make yourself, at home, with ingredients found at the grocery store. Get great natural hair care info here for dry and damaged hair......
- What is trace in soapmaking? | What is Trace? | How to make Soap
- What is trace in soapmaking? Recognizing trace when making soap is easy once you've seen it the first time, get some professional soapmakers help here.....
- Natural Foot Care | Foot Problems | Tired Achy Feet
- Natural foot care is about using natural ingredients to help relieve and rejuvenate tired and achy feet, get our free Peppermint Foot lotion recipe.....
- Natural Air Fresheners | Room Spray Recipe | Is Air Freshener Toxic?
- Natural air fresheners are super easy to make and work better than those toxic store brands, some of those work by numbing your smell receptors, get some natural solutions here.....